April 5, 2022 Ottawa, Ontario Canada Revenue Agency
Charities play a key role in our society by providing valuable information and services to Canadians, with a particular focus on the most vulnerable. The Government of Canada is committed to ensuring that charities have a regulatory environment that supports the important work they do.
Today, the Honourable Diane Lebouthillier, Minister of National Revenue, announced the appointment of nine new members to the Advisory Committee on the Charitable Sector (ACCS).
The following incoming members begin their two-year terms with the committee on May 1, 2022:
- Christian Bolduc – President & CEO, BNP Performance, LL.B, ASC, C.Dir., CFRE
- Owen Charters – President & CEO, BGC Canada (formerly Boys & Girls Clubs)
- Dr. Anver Emon – Canada Research Chair in Islamic Law and History, and Director of the Institute of Islamic Studies, University of Toronto
- Sheherazade Hirji – Former Resident Representative, Aga Khan Development Network, Afghanistan
- Jean-Marc Mangin – President & CEO, Philanthropic Foundations Canada
- Sarah Midanik – President & CEO, The Gord Downie & Chanie Wenjack Fund (DWF)
- Martha Rans – Founder & Legal Director, Pacific Legal Education and Outreach Society (PLEOS)
- Tanya Rumble – Director of Development, Ryerson University
- Bob Wyatt – Executive Director, Muttart Foundation
The incoming members will join six current ACCS members, whose terms are ongoing. Please visit the ACCS web page to view the full membership and their biographies.
Minister Lebouthillier also wishes to recognize and thank the departing committee members, whose terms ended in 2021:
- Denise Byrnes – Executive Director, OXFAM-Québec
- Terrance Carter – Partner, Carters Professional Corporation
- Peter Elson – Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Victoria
- Bruce Lawson – President & CEO, The Counselling Foundation of Canada
- Susan Manwaring – Partner, Miller Thomson
- Peter Robinson – Co-Owner, Hedgerow Farm; and Former CEO, David Suzuki Foundation
- Paulette Senior – President & CEO, Canadian Women’s Foundation
- Paula Speevak – President & CEO, Volunteer Canada